Friday, July 31, 2009

The End (Lennon/McCartney)


1. I love Jack Bauer!
2. Fruit smoothies & granola are foods I love to eat for breakfast.
3. It seems I'm always searching for Ethan’s shoes whenever we have to go somewhere.
4. Watching 24 episodes with commentary is a great way to end the day.
5. I think I am a little obsessed with a certain television drama!
6. Crab legs dipped in butter is what I've been craving lately.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to watching disc 3 of 24: Season 7, tomorrow my plans include blowing off the film school open house and Sunday, I want to go to church, hear some awesome special music by my own Ms. Alex & stay for a VBS meeting!

all the pictures of the boys are at the community pool, the black & white is Alex's self portrait in the car rear view mirror (kinda cool), the self snap of me was a sneaky way to get a shot of my mom chillin' poolside (see her in the background), and the bottom is Ms. Brulee after her appointment



Got up fairly early today, well, early for me, showered, rounded up the troops for a quick house straightening, then loaded everyone up and motored down to Grosse Pointe to my mom's house. I did a full clean on her house while Alexandra worked on her hi-speed pulling entries for me, and the boys assisted gramma outside with some garden chores. After everyone completed those tasks we had some lunch then went over to the pool for a quick dip. Aaaah. Felt good. Next we stopped at the groomer and picked up Ms. Brulee who looked fabulous with her new cut and bow. Back at the house the boys chilled and watched some Disney shows while I took mom's bike out for a ride. My wunderlust and delinquent nature got the best of me as I started snooping around some abandoned houses in the area. One in particular that I have always been intrigued by I stopped to check out and found to my delight that a side door was open! I couldn't resist and ventured in. Oh my goodness this place was huge, I almost got lost in there. It had a master kitchen, prep kitchen, a double sided fridge/freezer deal (like you could open it from two different rooms), a courtyard at the center of the house with a fountain, a living room that was probably the square footage of my whole house, 10 bathrooms, 6 bedrooms and each one had another attached walk-in closet with drawers, shelves, & cabinets built in, there was a large regular staircase and another servants staircase, an attached garage, with another room above that (although I didn't find my way into it). I don't even think I made it into all the parts of the house because I was afraid of getting caught I didn't want to start opening doors and making noise so I just quietly toured and made a quick getaway. Got back to mom's and googled the address. Found an old realtor listing (there is no sign out front at present) that stated it was 9500 sq. ft., was owned by a doctor, had a list price of a mere $850,000 (I'm sure a fraction of what it was going for in its heyday) and a yearly tax bill of over $25,000. It appears as though it has been empty for some time and there are structural issues definately but it was just a cool little escapade. I wanna go back and snoop around some more - wish I had the camera with me, maybe next time.....

2 comments:

MICHELE said...

hey robyn...

i would love crab legs dipped in butter, too! my FAVORITE!

love the self snap of alex. and nice to see a snap of your mom.

now...
how wild is the self tour of the 9500 sq. foot house????? you're pretty brave for opening that door!!! TAKE YOUR CAMERA next time... i'm sure you could do an awesome blog about it...furthermore, what a great storyline! i would love to see pics of it!!!!!

mich.

Lisa said...

I remember going through an abandoned house with a friend when I was about 13. It was COOL even though it was certainly not a 9500 sq ft mansion! LOL I can't imagine! I've never been inside one of those even UNabandoned. How fun!