Thursday, July 16, 2009

Dizzy Miss Lizzy (Larry Williams)


The boys and I were fortunate enough to get out for a bike ride even though rain was predicted. We headed out across Leach Rd. and caught the Clinton River Trail this time heading west, instead of east traveling past the Twist & Dip, the church, the Lumber Yard, Avondale High School, the I-75 overpass to Opdyke Rd.; from there we turned it back around and headed back but instead of taking the trail all the way we veered off through the neighborhood over to check on cousin Emily who is nursing an injured foot. Amazingly the kid plays seriously aggressive soccer (goalie even) and has never been majorly hurt, but two days at an academic camp and she trips down some stairs and fractures her foot! Anyway, she must have hung out at a friend's house while mom and dad were working so we just said 'hello' to their massive dog Otto through the window and pedaled back on down the road, caught the sidewalk on Auburn and rode that home. We only caught a little spattering of rain for about five minutes but the rest of the day was clear.

Chilled for a little bit, Ethan jumped in the pool, ate a little, then went over to GTC for a rather warm practice. I only had three of my boys there last night and everyone was behaving pretty well, we even worked together with some of the upper level teams since everyone was low in numbers. Pretty typical for summer. Alex was dropped off at her friend Anna's before we went down to Rochester, the two of them hung out then she went to church with them. Apparently the numbers there were pretty scare last evening also.

Rob is putting things in place to work on the roof this weekend. I'm believing for the weather to cooperate although 30%-40% chance of rain is predicted, but who knows where it will actually fall. Hopefully not over North Branch. Well, it seemed as if another normal end to a long, semi-tiring day but no, as I was just yards from pulling into Kings Mill, going northbound on Lake Pleasant, I stopped because the vehicle in front of me was turning left into his house. He had to yield for a car coming in the opposite direction so we actually came to complete stop. He turned, I started forward, heard tires squeal, then felt the impact from behind. A twenty-something gal didn't give herself enough room to stop and clipped me on the back passenger corner, lost the back panel and the tail light cover, the back door is also unable to open. Thankfully everyone was alright but since a good samaritan who pulled over after hearing the impact, quickly called the police I had to sit there for another hour and deal with that at 10:30pm. Ugh. The call was really stupid since we both only had PLPD and neither would be making any claim. But, ok, thanks mister. I wish I would have been bold enought to say a call wouldn't be neccessary. I thanked the Lord last night that we were blessed and protected. If she would have hit us straight on we really could have been hurt as some friends of mine know all to well.
Then to make things seem even more ominous when Ben went to let the chickens out this morning one was laying dead in the coop. Yuck, that's never a fun thing to deal with. I feel like I'm experiencing some sort of karmic fluctuation. Let's hope it's only temporary.
END NOTES:
- Song chosen for today's title is not written by the Beatles but is on the Live from the Hollywood Bowl album.
- Yes, I do make up my own Friday-Fill Ins
- I make my collages with Microsoft Picture It! Photo Premium 9

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Yikes! I'm glad you're all ok!