Thursday, July 02, 2009

All My Lovin (Lennon/McCartney)


It’s taking all my loving to deal with this current “dating” dilemma. After a nearly two hour conversation with the mother of my daughter’s love interest Tuesday night and then another replay with the youth pastor from our church Wednesday afternoon I’m really over talking about the whole situation. I have nothing against either of these women but I think they are out of reality in thinking that requesting that the kids break up is going to make the situation better for anyone. I’ve explained that I don’t mind them talking on the phone and spending time with each other’s family to get to know each other. Better them do it under our guidance and supervision then cause them to do something drastic behind our backs. They are nothing but typical teenagers and I really don’t feel like they are doing anything wrong. I’m certainly not encouraging them to rush into anything physical but having the time for lengthy conversation is certainly acceptable in my opinion. Trust me I was a teenager once, a fairly rebellious one, and I am not naïve as to what they are capable of. Better to keep the lines of communication open than force mandates that push them away. That’s just my take.

1 comment:

MICHELE said...

This is so insane....I can't even comment.

Just crazy!!!

Mich