Friday, July 17, 2009

And Your Bird Can Sing (Lennon/McCartney)

Yesterday was mellow. I am loving this current weather, this is my kind of summer. Not hot, just sunny with a little breeze. The boys had their last swim lesson of the week. I am amazed at the improvements they've made since three summers ago. All have gained great confidence in the water. Fox is doing well working on the different back strokes, and has a strong front crawl. Ben and Ethan are in a class together and are the strongest in the group, albiet this is the second time Ethan took the class and Ben's third. I think passing is imminent.

In the afternoon I dropped Alex off at work then drove over to my mom's house to check out one of the free concerts in the the plaza. The leader of the group, Ron Kischuk was one of my instructors when I went to Oakland University, he taught a Business of Music class. He's quite a cut-up and a proficient trombonist as well. Good times. I just love hanging out and listening to jazz. Big Band, blusey stuff is really my ultimate fav. Vocal jazz really isn't too much my thing, although they had a wonderful singer, Jeannine Miller featured last night, even if the selections were rather mellow for my taste. Ethan was goofing around with the camera with me and actually took several that I used on the collage today. It was nearly midnight by the time we got home.

Still haven't been successful getting a snap of Alex in her Burger King clothes. So far this is the best I've gotten. This leads me to offer a challenge, anyone who can get a picture of her working at the back window with her smiling face showing, I'll buy them a Hershey Pie. Yum!
Friday Fill-In
1. Today is everything it is going to be.
2. Black and white and read all over.
3. Sometimes you just have to punt.
4. And if I told you once, I told you a thousand times, if you got it out then put it away!
5. French Vanilla, Peppermint, and Mocha are the best flavors for coffee.
6. North Branch is the closest town to my house (and it doesn't have a stoplight).
7. As for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to shopping and working, tomorrow my plans include a family birthday party and seeing an old friend from high school, and Sunday I want to see a new roof on my house and stop by Pastor and Diana's Good-bye Celebration.

1 comment:

Texan Zombie Goddess said...

I'd kill for one mellow day lol!

\IiiI