Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Drive My Car (Lennon/McCartney)


Today the boys and I loaded up in the car to head to swim lessons as usual, turned the key and ... nothin'. Dash lights came on, head lights, horn, but hardly a click to turn the engine over. Tried to jump it with the tractor. No go. Called Rob, he suggested putting it on the battery charger for a while. Did that. Obviously we weren't going to make it to lessons. Consulted with my father-in-law, he thinks its not the battery. Thankfully a friend of my father-in-law's was stopping by the house to pick up a trailer to go get a car and he is a master mechanic. Within moments he realized the problem, one of the battery connections was bad and there was corrosion around the positive. Cleaned it with some Cherry Coke, cut off the bad connection, exposed the wires and tucked it under the battery bracket. Viola, it turned over. So we were still good to get to gymnastics later. Stopped by Dairy Queen so the boys could get their free cones they won for Summer Reading, hit the Rochester Hills Public Library to update their hours and pick some new books. Now, I'm checking out shooting scripts, I have one from 'Shawshank Redemption' (one of my all time favorite flicks) and 'Catch Me if You Can.' The car is being installed with a new battery connection as I write. Thanks!

No comments: