Thursday, July 09, 2009

If I Needed Someone (Harrison)


This morning I did some social-errands. First stopping by the Morrell house to drop off some cute little girl baby clothes I found at the thrift shop in Grosse Pointe; can’t pass up an opportunity to shop for infant stuff. Got to snuggle with Georgyanna who has just past her EDD (Estimated Due Date) after being born over two months premature. She looks great and shows obvious signs of being a future singer and dancer! (Shout out to Sarah! who I didn’t get a picture of, silly me) She was kind enough to hook me up with four grocery bags of Pepperidge Farm bread! Love those freebies, thank you! Check out her story at Teach a Fish.

Next I grabbed a Peppermint Mocha Half-Caff and headed over to the church to chat with Pastor Diana who is preparing for a big move to South Carolina in a couple weeks. She and Pastor are shifting into a brand new life of ‘retirement’ with as yet undetermined direction but many possibilities presenting themselves as time moves on. She is a wonderful woman of god and has been a great boss and friend to me. I will miss her but know our paths will cross again.

Lastly I made an unannounced stop by my friend Michelle’s to drop off some lavender from my garden for her to use in a future project that is sure to be fabulous. She in turn sent me off with a scrumptious sample of some mulberry cobbler she was in the process of wrapping. Check out Smile, Wink, Nod for the details. Snapped a pix of her beautiful garden ornament/bird feeder made from garage sale finds - if only I could be so motivated.

Got back to the house and let Alex take the car and the boys up to the North Branch Library. She is working for me pulling TVonDVD entries and the hi-speed is necessary. The boys like their hi-speed time to play AddictingGames.com (I know what a great mom am I to promote this tomfoolery!), then they wanted to get slushies and hang out at the park for a little bit. I got back to decluttering the house. I am determined to get rid of all this excess stuff, have a place for everything and everything in its place! I CAN DREAM CAN’T I?

Another recent thrifty find, these brand NEW ‘Cars’ galoshes for $3 at the Grosse Pointe Second Hand Shop. Just perfect for Ethan! Good day, even felt like summer!

1 comment:

MICHELE said...

i love my lavender!
i'll be posting pictures of what i did with it very soon!

it was nice to see you.. as always.

mich.