Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tuesday Time Capsule

Alex with monkey puppet
As my oldest lies suffereing from chicken pox I am led to post from a journal
that she used to dictate to me when she was six years old.


Saturday, September 19, 1998

I started choir this week. It was really fun, we sang a Hercules song. Yesterday Dad and I started reading a Samantha book, she’s an American Girl Doll. Today we went to the Angels Exhibit. We saw a coffin and each thing in the museum had a symbol of something. One was a wreath it meant victory and when it was on a coffin it meant victory over death. I would want that on mine cause that means you go up to God or Heaven, cause they’re both the same thing. And I have a guardian angel, I think it’s Great Gramma Parton. Everyone does have one. We also went to the Detroit Festival of the Arts across from the museum. I got my face painted, we saw part of a puppet show, and the coolest part was this tent by the Metropolitan Children’s Museum. They had parts from a raccoon, squirrel, opossum, fox and deer that you had to measure, and then you got to stamp footprints of each animal. Also they gave out Safari hats. I made a clay tile with a peacock too.


(almost every time she journaled she would include a poem and some type of prayer.)
Guardian Angels
Guardian Angels mean that they’re guarding us every second
They’re always by you even if they’re not watching.
Guardian Angeles mean a lot to us.
They could be our grandma or something like that,
They’re very important to us.
You never treat your guardian angel bad.
Angels could be in stories, pictures and maybe even in programs,
But they’re always what you believe in them.
Angels are flying around. Guardian angels mostly, with helpers.
They can circle around you all the time,
They hopefully give us hope and a future for the world.
I have to talk to my guardian angel now,
See you later angelater!

PRAY OF THE DAY: God helps us do everything. He made all of us so we could move and when you pray you feels God’s heart in you. In every bow or curtsey you take means love to everyone. And a smile means friendship too.

Alex is very upset because she may loose her role in the spring play that is set for performance next Thursday-Saturday. We're hoping the director will not find the right replacement and still let her keep her role even though she can not make rehearsals this week. Please join us in sending good karma into this situation!

2 comments:

Texan Zombie Goddess said...

Hope she feels better soon!

\IiiI

Lisa said...

I pray it works out for Alex to be in the performance.