Monday, June 01, 2009

Walk - Wedding - Wowed 'Em!


Saturday was a full day, Ben had his last soccer game at 9:30am. Rob and Ethan went over to Optimist Field for that while I ran to Meijer to do some grocery shopping. They won 6-2 and Ben got in for a decent amount of play time, plus his buddy Michael from his old team finally got a chance to be goalie which he loves to do and is pretty decent at it.

We went home, unpacked groceries, had a quickie lunch and got ready to head down to Detroit. Alex held down the fort with the boys while Rob and I attended my cousin Vince's wedding at the Historic Trinity Lutheran Church. Below is a snap of he and his lovely wife Bernadette heading out after the ceremony.
There was a few hours lag time between the ceremony and reception as usual so after taking the scenic route (thanks to the stupid construction on I-75) over to the Italian-American Hall in Wyandotte we decided to take a walk down by the water. I was even smart enough to bring my sneakers to put on then changed back into my heels. If you look closely you can see the Ren Cen off in the distance.

The reception was lovely and it was fun to goof around with my cousins, aunts and uncles that I don't get to see often. Their cake was so cute, with stuffed birds on top instead of the usual plastic bride and groom. May they have many happy years together as Doctor and wife (nurse). Hopefully we'll be getting together again for a baby shower soon!

Sunday was my last day in charge as Director of Children's Praise & Worship and Sunday School at Faith Christian Family Church in Lapeer. The children and I traveled to Metamora for an outreach at Bolton Brook Manor, a lovely senior assisted-living facility. We sang songs, passed out sugar-free cookies we made, and some gifts bags. The residents loved it and everyone had a wonderful time. Below is a picture of just a portion of our Seeds of Jesus group, I think we brought 25 kids this time.
Have a great week everybody!

2 comments:

MICHELE said...

The church looks just like the Birmingham Methodist Church on the inside! I've attended lots of events there!!

Mich

Texan Zombie Goddess said...

Beautiful church!

Okay, I gotta ask, and I hope I don't sound stupid...

What is a "yogi" and what does one do?

\IiiI