Thursday, June 25, 2009

Biking - Baseball - BFF

Well it has been a jam packed week so far. Monday the boys and I got out for our second bike ride of the summer starting at my in-laws house where we have our bikes stored we caught the Clinton River Trail across Auburn Rd. from their house and rode northeast toward business district of Rochester where the Paint Creek Trail hooks up with it. I guestimate we did about 10 miles total. It was a good day, warm but not sweltering but everyone looked forward to a plunge in the pool when we returned to the house. I let the boys comandeer the camera for the most part, although Ben didn't really want to take any. I took the pix of the sign and the boys on their bikes. Since the boys are leaving for a week long camping trip we won't get out together until after the 4th of July. I may try to take a ride on my own though if time allows.
Tuesday the boys had their friend Jesse over to play which helped make the day go by quicker for them. Ethan had his last baseball game of the season and as far as I know he wasn't selected for the All-Star Team but that's fine, it was fun just to be nominated at this point. While we were at the game Fox and Ben hung out at the North Branch Library and spent some time on the computer and selecting books. When they were done they walked over to the fields and found us. It's nice that they are older to give them opportunities to show their independence. Fox has also been a great helper around the house taking on many more chores and tasks without complaint. Since I don't do regular allowances the kids know that if they help me out without grief I will at some point show my appreciation financially. Alex worked at BK from 4-8 so I had to drop her off and pick her up since we had a game. Next she works the same shift today and tomorrow but will get to take the car since I'll be home working away on my editing project.
Wednesday I got the boys packed up for camping in the morning so I could drop their bags off at my in-laws when we were down for gymnastics. Rob is going to drop them off this weekend since I will be in Big Rapids attending my brothers much anticipated Deck Party. After a few errands in Lapeer we stopped by my friend Michelle's house for a visit. I caught her finishing a new garden project and starting a sewing one. You'll have to check out the pictures on her blog http://smilewinknod.blogspot.com. I'm sure I did most of the talking but being such a good friend she took it in stride! We always cover such interesting topics and can speak freely about our opinions without worrying about offending which is awesome. From there we headed south, stopped by the Rochester Hills Public Library so the boys could log their hours and pick out some new books. Fox already reached the first bench mark of 5 hours and got his free ice cream coupon, Ben and Ethan have another hour to go for their coupon. Ethan jumped in the pool real quick before we had to get over to the gym, which was incredibly hot. So hot we let the boys have some sprinkler time at the end of practice after they did some killer conditioning. After practice we boogied over to Tangles so Anna (another BFF) could give us all a good buzz cut!
So far so good for me, hope your week is shaping up nicely!

1 comment:

MICHELE said...

yep, we did have a nice afternoon! lots of giggles. lemonade and brownies for me and your kids!s

never a dull or dry conversation when we're together.

you've inspired me to start recycling... ck out my blog.
hugs,
mich.