Sunday, June 28, 2009

Last post for June


<-- Vixen

Nietzsche ->




Thursday and Friday I pretty much had my butt plastered to the office chair working on an editing project and watching movies to keep myself energized. Got through 'The Gospel', 'How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days,' 'Music & Lyrics,' plus all the "making of"special features, and the first four episodes of 24: Season 3. Saturday Alex and I drove up to my brother's house in Big Rapids for a party and had some nice bonding time. Unfortunately there weren't a ton of people that attended but I had fun hanging with my brother and Shelly, meeting some of their friends, talking with some family, and playing a new game I think they called 'Troy'. Above is a picture of their 'fur children'. Vixen I love the best. Nietzsche is to quote my brother "dumb as a post" and an habitual licker but he grows on you. Below is another snap-it-myself shot of James, Shelly, Alex and me.
It was well worth the drive for all the freebies I got sent home with! My dad brought up several boxes of beautiful white tile for me, enough to cover 30 sq. ft. I want to use them in the boys' bathroom eventually. Then my brother let us help ourselves to his CDs since he uses the iPod primarily now. I've been jonesing for some new tunes since I sold off my massive collection years back on ebay. Then Shelly refused to let me leave without some awesome chipatta bread, a decent bag of spinach, a huge bag of lettuce, plus ham and turkey lunchmeat. I'm good for the week!
Mom came home from the hospital Sunday instead of Saturday because her heart had an irregular beat and they wanted to monitor her a little more. She's home now, a little bloated, little shaky, but getting around pretty well. I'm staying overnight and hanging out tomorrow with her. Rob had a high school reunion Saturday at Stoney Creek Park and dropped the boys at his parents for the annual week-long camping trip in Port Austin. They have been counting the days and its finally here. Hopefully they will have wonderful weather and a fabulous time until I pick them up next Friday.
Here's lookin' at you!

1 comment:

MICHELE said...

What an awesome load of freebies!
I'm thinking up so very cool stuff you could do with the tiles....

The bread sounds very good, too!

Glad to hear you had fun...your snap looked like you were all enjoying each other!

Continuing to hold your mom up in prayer.

Mich.