Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Slipping into Summer

With only a few more games to go the Ray C's team is finally hitting their groove. The final score last night was 18-20, they didn't win but at least they're starting to bring in some runs! Coaches Jeff and Gordy nominated Ethan to play All-Star but we won't know if he made the final cut for another week or so. They play two long weekends in July and we're available for all the dates so I gave the go ahead to sign him up if he's choosen.


Fox has been putting in a daily jog in preparation for cross country in the fall. For now he is just going up and down the driveway twice, at .3 miles from porch to mailbox that gives him a little over a mile. He's building up his endurance to be able to run it the whole way then he'll start adding distance. Ben and Ethan accompany him sometimes but even if they don't want to run he goes on his own with the dog (who loves to chaperone).

As for me, I've been staying up late watching 24, and working on an editing project during the day. We were hoping to get a bike ride in today if the rain decides to take a break. Even if our ride is posponed, I and my plants welcome the hydration. Upon Alexandra's prompting to stop eating red meat, the rest of us have substantially cut down our red meat intake as well; we're going into our tenth week. She still eats fowl and fish plus I am testing out some totally meatless meals. In support of my green efforts I am also working in cookless meals to save energy. But the best benefit, my pants are feeling loose again and my energy is lifting, even with the late night 24 sessions!

Have a wonderful Wednesday, friends and don't forget to run between the raindrops!


2 comments:

Lisa said...

Keep it up, Fox! I'm working on running outdoors too. Something new for me. Miss you, Robyn!

MICHELE said...

Good for Fox! Glad to hear it.

And, Alex too. Living without red meat has so many health benefits, too, which I'm sure you know.


Talk soon, Mich.