Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What a Weekend!

The weekend didn't exactly pan out the way I had expected since Friday afternoon Alex had another car breakdown (this time the Neon) on her way to Burger King for her interview. So, instead of working on the deck project as planned Rob had to replace the fuel pump on the car. Thankfully, we had fundage and it was a fairly simple repair (easy for me to say, right honey). Fox helped with some mowing and I got my small garden plots rototillered up and ready for planting, now I just wait for things to go on sale, then it's planting time!


On Monday, the kids and I headed down to my Dad's house for some BBQ and games while Rob got the garage cleaned up, and did some resting himself. It was a wonderful surprise to see my sister Colette there too; home from New York City for the week since my cousin is getting married on Saturday. After a fabulous meal we all walked over to the neighborhood playscape, then around the 'hood.' We had lots of giggles, drama, play wars, photography sessions, and just an all-around good time being in the summer sun. But probably one of the most exciting announcements is ....

drum roll please.......

Alex got a job at the Lapeer Burger King so she'll be making sure you "Have It Your Way" and get some hot fries with your shake as soon as her work clothes arrive and they put her on the schedule, probably sometime next week.


1 comment:

Lisa said...

Congrats on the job, Alex!