Friday, May 15, 2009

Chess News & Fill-In



Our second adventure with the Chatfield Checkmate Challenge was terrific. It was fun to see friends from homeschool and also from public school. Fox's friend and fiercest competititor during Choice Time Chess, Austin was also there. Ben hung with Jeremy who he knows from church and homeschool. Fox had some tough opponents at the start and lost his first three matches but redeemed things the final two. Ben swept it and received his first trophy for chess! He was beyond excited.



Friday Fill-In
1. I believe whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
2. If you're good at something, then go for it.
3. Why so glum chum.
4. Something is out there, it's just around the bend.
5. If my life were a sitcom, it would be titled No, Really!?.
6. Sitting on my back porch (right now square o’ deck) I see major grass that needs to be cut.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to Ethan’s baseball game, tomorrow my plans include hopefully family work day around the yard and Sunday, I want to be refreshed!
* I love this variety of lilac that was in front of the Chatfield School. Their gardens are beautiful.

2 comments:

Texan Zombie Goddess said...

Where do you get your fill-ins from lol? Ours are *never* the same!

I think my sitcom would be called "Bite Me" lol.

\IiiI

Lisa said...

I love lilacs too! I was wondering about your Fill-in's too. lol And congrats on the great chess day!