Friday, October 30, 2009

Zoiks!

Things went very well in 3rd grade these last two days. This was a very productive group that for the most part worked quickly and without too much distraction. Keeping with the pending holiday on Thursday I found a site with Halloween songs minus the lyrics, I kept it on while they worked and told them I want to be able to hear the music, if they got to loud I just said, "excuse me, quiet please, I can't hear the music." Immediately they would bring their volumes down realizing they couldn't hear the music either. During silent reading time I put on classical music from a Beethoven.com stream. We got through everything she left ahead of schedule so at the very end of the day I put on a SpongeBob tale which kept them settled right up until backpack loading and dismissal time.


Of course there's always one kid that has the knack..... this one girl must have asked fifty times to leave the classroom for one thing or another. It really got annoying, everytime we transitioned from one task to another she would just look for something else to do, or go, or something. She hardly stayed in her seat even while we were working. I must have told her as least twenty times over the last two days to sit and work like the rest of the class. She would never just do what the rest of the class was doing. That drove me crazy more than the kid who HAD to tell me exactly how the teacher did everything even when I never asked. All in all though the days were a success. Ethan reported to me after lunch that everybody thought I was a good teacher. One of the girls, who I know from Ben's Head Start class gave me a hug at the end of the day and said "I wish you were the regular teacher." Awww, what a sweetie.
--
So this was a very full week of subbing, 3 1/2 days. I'm worn out. Next week, I'm looking forward to writing from home, video entries and starting another novel! You can do it too! Sign up for the fun at NaNoWriMo.com.

No comments: