Monday, November 02, 2009

Daybook





Simple Woman's Daybook

--

For Today...
2 November, 2009

Outside my Window...
pitch black & chilly

I am thinking...
I need to get my butt in gear and start writing, but I'd rather sleep.

From the learning rooms...
the wonderful world of substituting. Picked up a call this morning to sub in one of Ben's classes, he's part of a 4th grade team. Her homeroom was a VERY rowdy bunch, Ben's group was much mellower. Materials left did not fill up the time, we got through everything quickly.

I am thankful for...
duct tape.
Ben's Doc Oc costume was fashioned out of lots of it over toilet paper rolls.

From the kitchen...
a fabulous meat & spinach lasagna, I figured out the secret to the layering!!
So good we had it again tonight.

I am wearing...
black loose pants, a black turtle neck and my gray knit vest, black socks and black leather slip ons, plus a very cool necklace a friend gave me long ago. I always get remarks about it.

I am reading...
just finished Danielle Steels' "One Day at a Time." Awww, married a movie star. Puke, really.
Now I'd like to get back to Mommywood, I know more literary puke, right?

I am hoping...
to be extremely productive tomorrow
because I can tell
there probably won't be much happening tonight.

I am creating...
a long to-do list,
starting with laundry for MYSELF!

I am hearing...
Ethan sliding into my bedroom and declaring "Holy crap on a cracker" a line from a Big Bang Theory episode. We really need real tv, this watching dvds over and over is getting old.

Around the house...
living room partly pulled apart to redo section of ceiling but project abandoned,
laundry to be washed and folded and put away,
kitchen is a disaster,
teenager having a meltdown but sleeping now,
boys doing homework and looking for something to do for a bit before bed,
looks like watch Wall-E is winning out.
Fox is also writing.

One of my favorite things...

bedtime.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...
renew tags for the Saturn and dog license,
write,
clean,
Young Marines for the boys,
physicals for the boys,
help in the church office,
maybe sub one more day.

Picture Thought For The Day:

2 comments:

Texan Zombie Goddess said...

I want to read "Mommywood" myself. I'm a Tori fan :).

\IiiI

MICHELE said...

So Pal...
What about a blog post on "layering lasagne"... do tell... what is the trick?

Mich