Sunday, November 29, 2009

Wrap Up


Community Service: Wednesday night Alex and I sang with the choir for the Thanksgiving community service held at Trinity United Methodist Church in Lapeer. It was the first time we sang together since our days with the Flint Festival Chorus and Flint Youth Chorus when we used to do the televised Holiday Pops Concert with the Flint Symphony Orchestra and the annual choral concert in February at a Presbyterian church in Flint. We literally had one rehearsal at 6pm before the service at 7pm. Good times, I really need to make an effort to sing with a choir regularly, maybe the Lapeer Community Chorus.

Thanksgiving: The kids and I went up to my brother's in Big Rapids while Rob went down to Rochester to eat with his family. After the early crew left we got a few games of Nerts in, always destined to be fun and a great ice breaker. Wish I could have stayed longer but my teenager was bugging me to go home. Light weight! The boys went home with my mom from there to hang for a couple days, they got to see Planet 51 on Friday and go to the Detroit Science Center on Saturday. Surprisingly I didn't really take any photos.

Volunteering: Since the end of October I have been going in to help at the church office once a week to hopefully alleviate some stress for the Office Manager (and my dear friend) by helping with CD duplications, making copies, cutting down inserts for the weekly bulletin, etc., whatever will help her keep up with all the tasks she's responsible for overseeing. It has been an enjoyable time and I am happy to be of service there. I've also changed over my bulletin board as well (photo soon).

Being Neighborly: Last weekend my neighbors were in a car accident that had them both hospitalized so I lent a hand by feeding the cats and dog and letting the dog out and in, even sitting up at the house with him for an hour or so in the evening and watching some tv to keep him company. Thankfully they are both ok, Mr. came home for the weekend and Mrs. should be released in the morning.

Crazy Blessing: A couple weeks ago the guys from Rob's shop went to a trade show in Las Vegas, one of them hit big while he was there and in order to keep good karma so he'd be able to hit again sometime he "paid some forward" and gave Rob and I $500 cash because he "knew we could use it" and he and his wife gave into their church as well. Awesome timing too because with having to fill the propane tank, tagging the van and having my insurance double AND still trying to pay on the property taxes it wasn't looking so good budgetwise.

MyNoWriMo: Being that I did not meet the challenge this year during National Novel Writing Month, I have purposed to still continue to work on my novel at my own pace under the title My Novel Writing Moments to be primarily conducted at Starbucks on Tuesday nights while the boys are at Young Marines. This seems to be my most productive writing time and I've enjoyed the routine of sipping on a Peppermint Mocha Half-Caf Grande in a real mug with whip cream piled high, nibbling on a scone and writing long hand.

One more Daybook for November

For Today... November 29, 2009
Outside my window... Very very dark.
I am thinking... I thought maybe I'd be missing homeschooling by now but, nope.
From the learning rooms... everybody back to school tomorrow for Trimester 2!!!!! Yeah!!!
I am thankful for... daily hugs from my boys.
From the kitchen... mini pigs-in-a-blanket.
I am wearing... my heart on my sleeve.
I am reading... Woman's Day mags.
I've been watching... last disc of Big Bang Theory: Season 2 and all the discs from Bones: Season 3.
I am hoping... to have the 08/09 taxes paid in full very soon.
I am creating... an incredible mess in the living room as I work the ceiling project.
I am hearing... the television and the dog snoring.
Around the house... rearranging furniture again as new things arrive and old are moved out.
One of my favorite things... Thanksgiving Day leftovers!
A few plans for the rest of the week... Direct TV installation, pulling entries for another batch of writing work, substituting for Ethan's teacher on Friday, and maybe one more day this week if I get lucky, and basic domestic duties.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you:
(no turning back now!)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Looks like a heck of a home improvement project! What a blessing from the Vegas winner!