Thursday, October 29, 2009

Young Marines

Tuesday night we finally made it to our first Young Marines meeting. It was not their typical routine due to the Halloween Party but the boys had a good time. They knew a few boys from Seeds of Faith Co-Op and Ethan really hit it off with one of the boys his age, I thought that they knew each other from school the way they were acting but Ethan said no, he just met him. There are some girls in the corp as well. Next week they'll be back to the normal routine. I'm excited about this program because all the boys can participate together. I had looked into Boy Scouts but they meet by grade groups and all the troops wanted to meet on the same night, at the same time, in different places. No can do. Also, I like that YM has a physical training aspect to it. Ben seems to be the most reluctant to it, but I told him he has to give it a go for one year. Fox is already interested in finding out about getting promotions and Ethan is looking forward to everything they've got.

Wednesday I subbed at the high school for the Communications teacher. Not much to do, 1st block was Cinema Analysis, they watched the end of Oceans Twelve, and the beginning of the Incredibles. 2nd block I helped out in a physics class because they didn't have a sub for the teacher, just worked on the computer while the kids did their assignments, advanced class, pretty mellow. 3rd block was Intro TV and the kids were working independently on their PSAs, 4th was The Law & You, watched video about the death sentence, and 5th Block was Web Design, again they were working independently on their final project for the Trimester, I took advantage of the hi-speed and pulled entries. Hopefully I won't be banned from the building since out of boredom and disgust, I straightened up the teacher's desk. Everything is still there just in neat piles, I dusted too, there were cobwebs actually starting. This is a brand new TV/Film facility and it looks disasterous. I amost passed out the first time I saw the band director's office!

Today and tomorrow I will be in Ethan's 3rd grade classroom......keep me in your prayers!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hey Robyn,

Glad to hear you've committed the boys to a year of Young Marines. I've done that for James too.

Can you share your pix from the party? Bob took James and therefore I didn't get any photos. lol