Sunday, October 11, 2009

Lotsa Soccer - Meet Cass City

Friday was rainy and dismal in the afternoon but they still held the Homecoming Parade. I went up to the school to watch with Ben and Ethan's classes but they principal decided not to send the students out. Fox's school was given a choice, he opted to stay warm and dry. Alex unfortunately braved the elements on the Drama Club 'float' aka pick-up truck. I was just hoping the rain would run its course before the meet. Walked down the parade route myself and took a few snaps of the floats, this year's theme was Ancient Times.

Saturday morning we woke bright and early, Rob took Benjamin to the soccer fields for an 8:15 tournament check-in and a 9am game, while I headed up to Cass City with Fox; got there a little after 8am and walked the frosty course. The two high school runs were first then the K-8 run! Yes, all together again. Can you say, crazy!? Gramma Jenny and Grandpa Wendell were up at the property for the weekend and came out to cheer Fox on. Didn't stick around for times cuz I had to get back down so I could take Ben to the next game at 1pm. Rob had to spend some quality time with the Neon.

The Blue Dragons won their first game 3-0, the second game was a tie 1-1, both games were tough the opposing teams were very "pushy" but our guys hung in there and played a clean game. Coach made a point to compliment their good sportsmanship. The last game at 4pm was intense! The other team's coach started crabbing about the referee's calls in the final quarter we scored a goal, there was time for them to make a comeback but the ref warned the coach one more word and he'd call the game, he worded and the game was called, Blue Dragons won and went on to the finals in Capac. Got home in time to catch Alex and Aron before they left for the Homecoming Dance, unfortunately all my pictures turned out terrible. Dumb camera. Hopefully the ones they took at his house look better.

Sunday morning Rob ran Ben out to the Capac fields for a 7:15am tournament finals check-in and an 8am game. This worked out great timing wise for me because I didn't want to miss a rehearsal at church with the kids choir. I was able to go to church and be back to take him to the second game. Since they lost the morning game they played at 1p against the Green Goblins in a heated game for 3rd or 4th. Although many, many shots were taken their goalie was like a brick wall and not letting anything through the first half. The second half we got 4 through, and they put in 1. Blue Dragons took home the 3rd Place Trophy! Nice Job guys!
--
Simple Woman's Daybook

Today....October 11, 2009
Outside my Window.... dark, cold & windy
I am thinking..... one more week of craziness, then it will all calm down a bit.
From the learning rooms....lots of work on AR reading points, first scholarship essay now in progress.
I am thankful for..... an amazing weekend and a productive week.
From the kitchen.....roasted chicken and veggies plus some zucchini bread. Yea, finally able to bake again!
I am wearing....black sweat pants, leggins, black sweater, jean vest, hippie necklace, comfy sneakers.
I am reading....still muddling through Danielle Steele's "One Day at a Time."
I am watching...."Sunshine Cleaning Co," old Batman black and white serials, 'Monk' episodes, Psych: Season 2, and some Get Smart: Season 2.
I am hoping .... to get a crazy lot of writing and dust busting done this week.
I am creating .... a birthday wish list.
I am hearing.... the 'men' having a last minute bedtime discussion.
Around the house .... lots of stuff that needs to go!
One of my favorite things.... singing in the choir.
A few plans for the rest of the week.... last two soccer games, a late add cross-country meet in Birch Run on Tuesday and one in Reese on Saturday, MEAP testing for the boys, a trip down to the Rochester Hills Public Library, volunteering for the Worship Dance Conference @ FCFC, and hopefully a walk or bike ride.

Here is a picture thought I'm sharing with you:




Batman & Batgirl

Homecoming 2009

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Glad the tournament went well for Ben's team. Neither of my kids' teams played. Fox looks like he's doing great with cross-country!

MICHELE said...

I enjoyed your post... lots of interesting things going on in that life of yours!

Mich.