Sunday, October 04, 2009

Guy du Jour - Hallelujah

Alex and Aron are getting along well, she goes over to his house for dinner on Fridays, he hangs out with us a couple nights a week when he brings her home from play practice. Saturday they attended a wedding together, for a young adult couple from our church. Lovely girl, Alex has been friends with her for several years. I was told the ceremony was wonderful, the sun came out just as the outside service began. Instead of the unity candles they did something neat, taken from the 'Fire Proof' movie they glued together a salt and pepper shaker, a bond that can't be broken. Their ending processional selection was great - the Star Wars theme! Why don't more people get creative with their nuptials? The thing is that has me secretly giggling inside is, Alex and Aron went to the wedding themselves. I wasn't there because we were in Harbor Beach for the meet. Hmmm. A date... That should give them fuel for spiritual growth. Whatever, he's a good, responsible young man, and he always helps Alex do her dishes when he's over. The boys think he's cool too, you know video games, D&D, Pokemon, he's into them all. Oh, did I mention he goes by the name 'Batman'? Has the bat symbol tatooed on his forearm and plays in a heavy metal band. Yea, I'm out in the school parking lot one day talking with Aron and Alex about the plan and some girl goes by in a car and yells out Batman! Oh, AND I keep finding out things about the old boyfriend that are sooo not cool that I really just want to rip his little hormonal teenage head off!? What was that I mentioned about spiritual growth?
--
Today was the fifth rehearsal with the Seeds of Jesus Kids Chorus working on 'God Will Be Exalted'. The echo part is coming together and they almost know all the words, just one more bridge section to learn. The group is becoming stronger in their singing as well because they are more familiar with the words. I love the process of a piece coming to together. We will be ministering it on November 15. Truely I live a dual life.

Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today... October 5, 2009
Outside my window... the world.
I am thinking... about volunteering to do a ‘Choice Time’ choir at the upper elementary.
From the learning rooms... serious spelling drills, Ethan bombed his spelling test last week, multiplication facts with Ben.
I am thankful for... getting a call from the ReStore, they have 2 electric stoves that came in.
From the kitchen... super duper sub sandwiches.
I am wearing... traditional American clothing.

I am reading... mostly magazines to be honest, Family Circle, Redbook, Family Fun, Natural Health, Rachel Ray, and of course, People.
I've been watching... the first season of ‘Psych’ it’s fairly amusing.
I am hoping... Ethan has a better week at school; he was a bit disruptive in class last week.
I am creating... a new way to get the boys to do more work around the house.
I am hearing... many choir songs in my head to work on with the kids.

Around the house... same ol’ stuff different day.
One of my favorite things... silence.

A few plans for the rest of the week... video work, substituting in the HS for the Business teacher, soccer game, soccer practice, soccer tournament, cross-country meets in Brown City and Cass City, Ethan goes to R.E.D. with his class.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.


1 comment:

Lisa said...

David likes Psych - I've only seen it once.