Friday, August 07, 2009

Steady as she goes ---


1. Campfires & fresh cut grass are my favorite summertime aromas.
2. My favorite John Hughes movies are ‘Mr. Mom,’ ‘Breakfast Club,’ and ‘Weird Science.’
3. A rose petal is something I love to touch.
4. The full moon has been so bright that last couple nights.
5. Let’s be nicer to each other right now.
6. When daylight fades slumber begins.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to dropping Ethan off at his first sleepover birthday party, tomorrow my plans include a Parton Family Reunion and Sunday, is Alexandra’s 17th birthday!


Yesterday evening we attended the last free concert by my mom's house. It was fabulous as expected, and for an extra bonus my Aunt Denise showed up with her two grandbabies, Fabien & Dale (his real name is James but they call him Dale). The boys had a great time playing with balloons and we all got a kick out of watching two little girls dance their hearts out, oh if only we still had that abandoned, to just dance and not care who is watching. This time I tried to take some snaps of all the different dogs that people brought with them, such a variety, I barely scratched the surface.
Before dinner I took a quick ride on the bike as I usually do when I'm over there, manned with my camera, went by the abandoned mansion again but drat, this time things were locked up tight. I did however take a picture of where Fox is hoping to go to high school, Grosse Pointe South, isn't it a beautiful structure, looks like a college!


Other highlights from the week:

getting my office almost completely organized

a motherload of fresh bush beans ripe for pickin'

several successful spelling lessons

going a few rounds with the teenager

working on getting Senior pictures scheduled

following up on a lead to edit a screeplay


Have a great weekend everybody!

No comments: