Monday, August 24, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook \-/

For Today:
August 24, 2009

Outside my window...
Sunny, a bit cooler, grass is a little long in places, chickens are roaming around cheerfully, tall flowers have fallen, coloring the ground in patches of pink and yellow.

I am thinking...
there is still a lot of decluttering to do around here and I'm looking forward to having Rob home for a long weekend this week.

From the learning rooms...
the kids found an injured bird this morning and have gathered some information from the library to try and nurse it back to health. We've helped an abandoned bird get back to its mother before but never had success with an injury.

I am thankful for...
having a new/used dryer again, kids that are happy school is starting soon, new work opportunities.

From the kitchen...
just watermelon for now.

I am reading...
"Go Green & Get Rich", "Always Looking Up," "The Marriage Benefit," and "Meditations from the Mat."

I am hoping...
the kids get over this summer cough quickly.

I am creating...
a list of to-do things in my head.

I am hearing...
a surprisingly quiet library.

Around the house...
hoping to pull down the bad section of ceiling in the living room now that the roof is repaired from the outside.

One of my favorite things...
sleeping in front of my open window and hearing the sound of birds, a gentle breeze, and the smells of summer's end wafting in as I begin to wake.

A few plans for the rest of the week....
gymnastics practice, soccer practice, high school orientation, junior high orientation, dentist appointments, hair cuts for the boys, new hair color for me, new tires on the Neon, writing work, house stuff.


A picture thought I'm sharing with you:

No comments: