Thursday, August 20, 2009

rollin' right along ....

This week things have mellowed out a bit, each morning I awoke and headed up to the North Branch Library to get there when it opens at 9am to work on the computer. If I get there early the girls can top up my time without me having to log off the computer and get back on another one so I can work for a solid two hours. I have enough entries pulled for a batch, now I can work on writing them from home.

Still working on the timing of line drying. Last night I jumped out of bed when I heard raindrops on the sky light and ran out in the dark with a flashlight to pull the not-quite-dry clothes and towels off the line. It didn't end up raining to much but the wind really picked up and I didn't want everything to end up in the pond and all over the yard. This morning it was clear so everything got put back out. I enjoy line drying but am not so big a fan of 'crunchy' towels. I've never used fabric softener in the was cycle but I'm curious if that would help.


As I post Alexandra is sitting at a terminal near me filling out her application for Grand Valley State online. It is quite a lengthy process but we're happy to be getting the ball rolling. It says in their information that they will give you a response within three weeks of receiving your application. Of course, we still have to notify the high school to send her transcripts over there so I'll have to take that into consideration.


Fox and I have been having many conversation about his academic future and I am happy that he is already thinking ahead. We even discussed the possibility of 'fast-tracking' high school. By that I mean duel enrolling starting junior year and also taking college courses during the summer for duel credit. If he can get done in three years he's interested in attending film school for a year, then going on to a four-year program for engineering possibly. Just talking about it gets me fired up, I'm excited for the opportunities that will come his way. He is a great kid and very determined to be a successful entrepreneur in whatever field he decides to specialize in. He figures the less time he has to spend in high school, the better.

Benjamin had his first soccer practice on Tuesday and got his super-cool uniform. While he was at practice I attended a referee meeting. I'll only do U8 and U6 this year, from what the other attendees where talking about I guess it gets pretty intense at the U10 level especially.


Since I probably won't be online tomorrow here is my Friday Fill-In:

1. When will my ship come in?

2. Mutant Message Down Under was a book that really impacted me.

3. Everything has its beauty but rainbows always amaze me.

4. Apple Cinnamon Pancakes is what I had for breakfast.

5. I'd like your attitude.

6. Not exactly sure where I want to be right now.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to seeing Jeff Foxworthy at Pine Knob, tomorrow my plans include hopefully mowing the lawn, getting a new/used appliance or two from the Habitat for Humanity Store and Sunday, I want to vegitate!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Glad you did the ref class and Ben likes his uniform. I'm sure we'll see you on the fields.

Is the ReStore open now?

Megs said...

Supposedly vinegar is a great fabric softener...