Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Oh, the Irony!

It has certainly been a roller coaster of tasks and emotions around here. After agonizing for months about putting the boys in school we made it only three weeks before I have them all home with me again with the chicken pox! And the week before their Easter break to boot, so I'll actually have them here for two weeks straight. I was really enjoying having the days to myself. Funny, how easily we can adapt to new systems. Toward the end of last week I had some excitment in being blessed with a job interview for a part-time bank teller postion, to be honest the whole thing came up rather quickly and I had never even considered going into that vein of work but since it was literally dropped in my lap I thought I had to at least try. However, I do not think I got the position since I didn't hear back from the woman who interviewed me yet and she said she needed to have a decision made by close of day Monday. Oh, well, that's fine really. I am however moving forward in becoming a substitute in the North Branch Public Schools for secretarial and what they call "specials" ie: Art, Music, Computer Lab, Gym, Library Aide (for elementary), also Band, Art, Drama (for JH/HS). I need to make an appointment and go get fingerprinted before she can put me on "the list" but all my other paperwork is on file and she contacted my references already too. As much as I keep saying I don't want to do anything with kids I can't deny the fact that I do have an odd gifting to work with the little squirts. The key I suppose is finding a balance between 'me time' and 'kid time' which has been sadly off kilter prior to these last few months. The more I am made aware of other people's lack in working with children, my own strength in the area is reinforced. Maybe this whole shift in our lives is because God wants me to have an impact on a greater number of children.....oh, that seems almost scary. Only time will tell.

Today is the first day of Script Frenzy and I still have no direction whatsoever but I'm sure I'll come up with something-eventually. Our weekly walk was suspended this past weekend due to exhaustion, illness, and inclement weather but we hope to be back out there this weekend. On Friday Alexandra, myself, and her friend Jason will be taking a tour of Grand Valley State University with my alumnus brother James along to give us the inside skinny.

Please continue to keep my mother Judith in your prayers, a spot on her liver is going to be dealt with via Cryosurgery next week and we're hoping this will be the end of a very disconcerting stage of health challenges. Thankfully she had an encouraging appointment with her surgeon and the oconologist, working again through Karmanos Cancer Center, she feels the situation is under control and she is in superb care.

'Nit Wits' curtain call, Saturday, March 28 @ North Branch High School (Alex is in red).

1 comment:

MICHELE said...

Certainly continuing to pray for your mom!

Sorry to hear about the chicken pox outbreak!

I just love your attitude regarding the job situation! I too, think that God has a bigger plan for you... just have to wait and see what unfolds!

Hugs and miss you...
Mich.