Friday, April 24, 2009

Fabulous Friday

1. A smile is free and goes with any outfit.
2. Taboo is my favorite ‘board’ game and Nerts my favorite card game.
3. I would love to have more joy in my life and less junk in my trunk.
4. When I think of April showers, I think of muddy driveways.
5. I just remembered I need to do MORE laundry.
6. One of my favorite song lyrics goes like this: “It’s a new day, oh, it’s a new time and there’s a new way; gonna live my life, all the old has past away and the new has come. Thank God, it’s brand new day!”.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to a whole lotta nothin’, tomorrow my plans include going to Benny’s first soccer game of the season and Sunday, I want to carpe diem!

Fox was home again for three days this week because the class week on their camping trip to Hartley which was already in place before he started attending. Wednesday he hung out with me, Thursday he went to work with Rob and today he'll help me clean at Gramma Judi's house. Thursday I substituted for Band again and got the direct the 8th, 5th and 6th grades. I was there for the 7th grade class also but the other teacher directed while I straightened up the scads of music that was laying about needing to be put away. Ethan has become quite a writer lately, he says that journal time is his favorite part of the day. He read me a story yesterday that was very interesting, a dark, semi-violent but yet redemptive tale. Perhaps I'll post it when he says its complete. Ben had a great week, with practices, classroom soil experiments, and Earth Day activities. Yesterday I went over to get them slightly earlier than the bell rang so they could make some selection at the Book Fair. Alex is trying to find the balance between socializing and getting assignments done on time as the end of the year assignments crunch in. We've been considering dual enrollment for next year but I'm not sure if organizationally speaking she's ready to take it on. She's still hoping to find a 'regular' job also.


May your Friday be fabulous!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I'm glad you enjoyed subbing!