Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Time on My Side


There are times in our lives when we are extremely productive, driven, unstoppable even and there are others when we must slow down, recollect, take some time to smell the roses. Which is more difficult, to take time or to give time? Depends on your personality I suppose. Over the last few years my time has been steadily monopolized by commitments to varying degrees, which is in contrast to my many years living in a care-free time zone not having to be anywhere for days on end therefore affording me the luxury of taking the days at a much more relaxed pace as I went about the tasks of teaching kids, working in the garden, caring for animals, doing my editorial work and just all the regular domestic chores. But now I never have enough hours in the day! I want more hours back.
One of my concerns putting the boys in school was having to pull Ethan out early several days a week so we can make it down to the gym by 4pm. Right now I work Monday, Wednesday and Friday at the gym coaching, starting at 4pm. Our elementary schools don't even get out of school until 4:05pm. But as I stepped back and asked Him for grace with the principal it suddenly hit me. The reason I need to be at GTC by 4pm is to coach, Ethan doesn't actually practice until 5:45pm. Well, if I didn't coach that early team then he could finish the school day, I'll pick him up and we'll head down to practice. I just need to trust that whatever finances needed to cover tuition will be provided by His riches and glory! I can still coach my Super Mites and earn money toward Ethan's tuition though. Cool, time restraint solved.

No comments: