Saturday, February 21, 2009

Weekly Walk #3


This week we were in our own big backyard again. We woke up in the morning seeing the brownish green grass everywhere and by the time everyone was up and ready to roll we had a white covering on the ground again. It was blustery when we first started out as you can see in the top left picture but it soon calmed down. We found a few spots that had total ice underneath so we boot-skated. Rob brought his .22 with him and the boys all took turns shooting as did I. And look who graced us with her presence, the teenager! While we were walking I said to Alex, "as I've been thinking about our years of homeschooling I realized we raised a lot of animals you and I." "Yeah, we did," was her reply. She used to want to be a zoologist and loved working with animals. That was until we showed sheep for 4H -- pretty much killed her love affair with animals right then and there. Ben hearing this conversation chimed in that we never raised a pig before! He wants to auction a pig at Fair.
We'll see.......
**The picture in the middle is the neighbor's property. We thought it looked like some kind of alien crash site with all the snow covering the discarded farm equipment.
Rob will be walking in Ecuador next week,
please wish him traveling mercies
and that he receives divine favor
from the technology gods!

1 comment:

Alex Parton said...

1. I totally shot the .22 too. And I don't think it's a .22 'cause those SOB's will throw your ass back faster than you can say, "i need an ice pack."
2. Yeah, graced is a good word. It was cold out there!
3. STOP POSTING YOUR BLOGS IN DIFFERENT COLORS! it's giving me a headache.
4. if you don't take that nasty makeup-less picture of me and the cat from three years ago off this blog I swear I will take up hacking just to delete it. And I'll take a picture of you on the toilet and put it on my blog.
I'm totally not kidding.
5. http://endingvsbeginning.blogspot.com is my blog. :]