Monday, February 09, 2009

Middle School Tour




Today we had an appointment with Ms. Sue Shoemaker who is the counselor at the North Branch Middle School. She took us for a tour of the building and explained some of the general expections for students. Here Fox is checking out the Media Center and talking with Ms. Shoemaker in the Art Room. He was glad to find out that he will be able to participate in Band and Art classes. In the past students had to choose one or the other, but because of the new trimester system they can fit more classes in. They have an amazing computer lab and the new addition is awesome. Below, Fox and Ms. Shoemaker go over the daily schedule for 7th graders.

Fox's take: I found the tour interesting and I really can't wait to be able to take advantage of the computer lab and art classes. I'm also excited about getting a locker. Part of me would like to jump right in and get started today but I think it might be awkward to come after the year has already started. I think it will be easy to transition from homeschool to regular school, the schedule won't be much different from the schedule at co-op except it will be much more informative. Now, I am really looking forward to September but also I'll enjoy my last few months of freedom.


1 comment:

Texan Zombie Goddess said...

We need to do that too for Stephanie. I do find his take on co-op enlightening though lol.

\IiiI