Friday, October 01, 2010

Oooooo October!

Finally got the sub ball rolling this week starting with a half day as an elementary art teacher. My first group was Ethan's class, we worked on the beginnings of a tree project. His buds thought I was so awesome I have been asked to chaperone two days at Camp Lael next week. Woot! Then I had Mrs. Coppo's third graders which are always a great group of kids, with them we started a leaf composition, you can see the sample I used and Ben embelished with sharpies. Next I had a first grade health class then a second grade group that also worked on the leaf project. Below is a snap of two friends from last year's after school chorus who have informed me they are looking forward to singing again. Soon, ladies very soon. Benjamin walked the trail over after school and hung out during my last group and was a fabulous helper at the end of the day from there the younger boys and I headed out to Marlette for the cross country meet. I could totally be an art teacher full time, it is so much fun to see kids create.
























Wednesday after school was the Marlette meet and it was a fabulous day weather wise. This year they had the elementary open race separate from the junior high race which was fortunate since last year the kids were tripping over the little rugrats and a few of 'em bit the dust. Fox did the 1.5 miles in 11:32 and came through the shoot 11th. Medals were given to the top 12 finishers. He said he felt he was really pushing himself to keep in it this time but he looked good to me.


Friday I subbed in a 6th grade team at the Ruth Fox Elementary, since this weekend is homecoming everyone was dressed in their blue and white getting charged up for the big game. They even had a 'tailgate' party in the staff dining room for lunch which was cool; much better than your cafeteria fare.

At the end of the day we trucked down the street with the whole gang to see the Homecoming parade with the band in full uniform, last year's king and queen, this year's court, football and other teams, floats with an American cities theme including Honolulu (Seniors), Hollywood (Juniors), Nashville (Sophmores) & Detroit (Frosh). Unfortunately my camera was being kooky so I didn't get everything but you get the general idea.





















Here is a video of the band coming through the halls playing the fight song.


No comments: