Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Open Run

On a beautiful, crisp fall afternoon Brown City held their invitational run at the Brown City Park. Ethan decided it was his time to run and for the first time ever he participated in the K-6 mile and a half run. There were 147 boy runners, and 139 girl runners that ran separately thank heavens. Ethan did a fabulous job for his first time out coming through the shoot in 13:26 not far behind his running buddy from North Branch, the cross-country coach's son. He was pretty pumped up about it and is hot to run another race at Cass City this Saturday. The only glitch is he's feeling pretty sore on the upper front of his right thigh. Coach said to ice it, maybe massage in some muscle rub but still run over the next few days to prepare for Saturday.



Fox is keeping in the groove with his times out of 92 junior high boy runners he kept pace with the front of the pack on a very challenging course, with a huge hill several smaller inclines, straight aways and a few wooded sections which can get a little hairy sometimes with a large group running. Medals were given out to the top 20 runners, Fox finished the two miles in 14:46 coming through the shoot in 17th place! Way to go!

I've been to several rehearsals for the Lapeer County Community Chorus and I am loving it. Although my tongue is not exactly enjoying the Latin pieces yet but I'll get there. My favorite selection so far is "Children Go Where I Send Thee" A Gospel Spiritual arranged by Paul Caldwell & Sean Ivory. I was fortunate enough to perform this exact arrangement with the Flint Festival Chorus years ago and jumped back into the part easily. I don't have a huge group for the Praise & Worship choir at church so far but I'm believing new people will continue to show up each week.

Looking forward to tomorrow, during the day I get to go to Camp Lael with Ethan's class and learn more about ecology then in the evening we have our Star of Wonder kick off party at church where I'll finally get to introduce the kids to the musical I've been listening to daily. Any public or home school kids in the area that would like to join us Wednesday nights from tomorrow until December 15th and participate in a fantastic Christmas musical please join us at 7pm. Click on the website link below for location information.

Well you may have guessed since I haven't mentioned it lately I did not make the 2Timothy challenge. I have however been making an attempt to study the Word more than I have lately and enjoy thoroughly being able to listen to weekly messages from my church pastor via internet while I work on my editing project. I've also re-listened to a missionary speaker we had visit recently from Tree of Life ministries in Honduras who spoke about the process of forgiveness. Very interesting, very timely. Needing something meaty to consider than visit the FCFC website and check out the audio feeds and downloads.

No comments: