Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year Meme

New Year Meme
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Put ALL my kids in public school
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions,
and will you make more for next year?
Didn't really make any last year,
just hoping to keep heathly habits growing
and enjoy the little things more.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My cousin
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not real close, but we had two women connected to my husband's side
of the family that died in their sleep from accidental overdoses.
Better living through pharmaceuticals is not advised.
5. What countries did you visit?
I really don't get out much, not even of the state,
let alone the country.
But I did get my Passport so I'm ready!
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
A whole and healthy mom
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory,
and why?
The boys first day at public school and
this whole episode with my mom.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Substitute teaching
9. What was your biggest failure?
Everything happens for a reason, we learn from it and go on
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No
11. What was the best thing you bought?
not sure
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I'm really proud of how all the kids are doing in school
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
pleading the 5th since this is a public blog and
I don't want to offend any family or friends
14. Where did most of your money go?
the basic essentials: food, gas, utility bills, oh and taxes (blech)
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Working with my Kids Choir at church
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
??
17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
I'll go with happier overall but some bittersweet thrown in
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Hiking, traveling, collaging, singing with an adult choir
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Defending my attempt to stay positive and trust in God
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Gifts with the kids in the morning,
dinner and gifts at the in-laws,
at the hospital with my mom
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
No.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
24: Watched all the seasons on DVD
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Trying not to
24. What was the best book you read?
Michael J. Fox's .... Incurable Optimist, his newest one
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Actually a re-discovery The Christianaires "Thank You"
26. What did you want and get?
Alex to be accepted to Grand Valley State University
27. What did you want and not get?
a healthy mom and out of debt, but we're getting there
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Nothing really comes to mind
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Pretty much got blown off by my husband and kids
- Old enough to know better
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Mom not dealing with cancer and
my husband being around more
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Comfort is key
32. What kept you sane?
Yoga, Music, hugs from my boys
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Keifer Sutherland
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The whole Pallin presentation and Obama's rise
35. Who did you miss?
some of the moms from the Homeschool Co-Op we belonged to
36. Who was the best new person you met?
the principals and teachers I've been dealing with at North Branch
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Things can change, and change quickly,
hope for the best but prepare for the worst
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Whatever it is, Let God fix it
You've got to let my God fix it for you!
Final Notes: Mom is getting better everyday, her short term memory is kicking back in and I'm hoping she will hold off on any more invasive treatments for a time and just work on getting back to her normal, independent, routine. But whatever she does decide I'll be here for her and I'm happy that this sorted situation and brought my brother and I closer together as well.
I'm beliveing 2010 to be a year of
NEW BEGINNINGS!

No comments: