Sunday, May 02, 2010

Can't Seem to Stay Away

Well, it's been two months since I've blogged. I really miss it. It's a silly, mundane thing but you sort of get in a groove with posting. People have been asking me if I'll blog again and encouraging me to do so. Guess I'll continue with what I've started.

Updates on my wonderful children:
Alexandra-In betweenst senioristis attacks she is finishing her senior year on an up note academically. Her college class ended last week and now she is hoping to get some decent hours at work during the summer. She has all but a few thousand dollars to go to pay for her first year at Grand Valley State University. Scholarship applications are still out there and we're waiting to hear back if she will receive any more monies. Hoping to have Freshmen and subsequent years PAID IN FULL!! Commencent ceremony will take place June 2 and she'll walk with no braces!! We're very excited about that!

Fox Robert-The last progress reports I received shows him keeping his all A streak in tact. His GPA is a 4.13. Woot! We are now in the throws of track season and he is doing well in that running the 1600m and the 200m. He has also applied to a Robotics Engineering Camp at Lake Superior State University and we're waiting to find out if he'll attend on scholarship or not. Friends are accruing and he is genuinely enjoying his educational experience. Next year he will advance directly to Algebra, forgoing the normal 8th grade math and he has decided to remain in band at least through middle school.

Benjamin-My middle son is becoming a wealth of knowledge, constantly sharing facts with us that he's learned from school and his own accord. AYSO soccer is in full swing and he is becoming a very strong player, got a goal in the first game of the season and has been a great defenseman. He has consistently received high marks on his report cards as well and next year he will move on to the upper elementary and is looking forward to that. He has however expressed that he may want to go back to homeschooling when he gets to high school. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Ethan-This has been a great year for my youngest, his teacher and classmates have been wonderful and I have enjoyed being their one and only sub for the entire year. He is again participating in recreational baseball but we're not to excited about how that's going. We'll stick it out for this season but have discussed looking into a travel league for next year. Grades are excellent and although he still enjoys and does best in math he has expressed social studies as his new favorite subject.

Me? - I've been keeping busy by working with two choirs, one during Choice Time at the upper elementary on Fridays. I have nearly 20 students (mostly girls) that bless me there. Then I hop over to the lower elementary for my NBE After School Chorus and work with a group there which started out with almost 50 kids and has settled into a regular group of 30, which is plenty. We will have our first program on Monday, June 7 in the elementary gym. I am very much looking forward to that. Also, I am planning and directing a Musical Theater Camp through my church in June for kids entering 3rd - 6th grade. The program is called Praise Rocks! In addition to that I've been subbing, trying to keep up with my writing jobs, and working on organizing all the stuff I've inherited from my mom's house, lots of stuff, good stuff, just need to find a place for it all.

So that's what's up with us. Work is going well for Rob but we're both hoping that a shift will come soon that will allow him to be home during the week more. We've hit a few speed bumps along the way but continue to perservere through it all. God is good, all the time and his mercy endures forever, even when we tend to act like idiots sometimes.

Hope all is well with you my friends, looking forward to reconnecting with people through your comments.

1 comment:

MICHELE said...

WELCOME BACK! I've reallY enjoyed reading your updates.. please keep them coming. I like your blog background, too. Love it that your kids are thriving and adjusted nicely to school...

Hope to see you soon, Mich