Friday, February 12, 2010

Totally Lovin'

-- the new sound booth at our church! Instead of having this big square out in the middle of the sanctuary they converted a storage room that connected to the back of the room and it is awesome! Well done men who did so much work so quickly and farewell ark on the wall that will soon be painted over.


-- going to the library! I am a card carrying member of no less than four different libraries in three counties (although now you really don't need separate cards with the MI Card system). We go regularly to the North Branch Public Library, Lapeer Public Library, and Rochester Hills Public Library plus I belong to the Flint Public Library. Since we don't have any activities going on in Flint at the moment I haven't been using that one much but when Alex and the boys were heavily involved in music and theater at the Flint Cultural Center we spent many hours a week perusing the books, enjoying movies and spending time on the computers.

This is a stock photo of the Rochester Hills Public Library in a warmer season.


-- inspired writings by Ben.

Metaphor Me
I am an egg because I am gentle.
I am a Smartie because I am smart.
I am a shrimp because I am short.
I am lightning because I am so fast.
I am a river because I go with the flow.
I am a train because I am so loud sometimes.
I am a Wii because I like to try new things.



And I'll close with a Friday Fill-In
1. Pickles make sandwiches more fun.
2. I sleep the best at home.
3. The snow is lovely but quite unnecessary.
4. Cures for everything can be found in nature.
5. It's 5:16 PM; that means time to figure out what's for dinner.
6. Peace of mind is hard to find (or more so, keep).
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a good rest after a fabulous dinner of Brazilian Chicken Cutlets with raw tropical sauce & couscous (from Rachael Ray's Big Orange Book - Delish), tomorrow my plans include Valentine's fun hosted by my brother at my mom's house and Sunday, I want to have more Valentine's fun with mom and the boys. We're all going to go to her church and we have some more of our songs to sing for her, (& other surprises planned)!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I also have cards at 4 libraries, though they are not as spread out as yours are. Guess I stay closer to home. Love the sound booth!