Thursday, February 04, 2010

Love Fest 2010

Ok, I know it's sappy and not very original but February is declared the month of Love Fest this year with each post focusing on people, things, events, and concepts that I love and find joy in. First I'll start with the Pastors and Elders of my church. The photo below from the left features Pastor Jeff Wells, Cindy & Harold Green, Josette & Michael Morales, Brenda & John McCumons, and Brad & Kim Johnson (Pastor Francine, Jeff's lovely wife is not in this picture). These people are amazing to me and have brought me much joy and encouragement during happy and sorrowful times in my life. They continue to strive for Christ-like status but are fully aware of their humaness and short comings. My "show the love" campaign that has come about lately stems mainly from their example and teachings throughout the years. Another thing that I love - newborn babies! Carrying them, birthing them, nursing them, singing to them, rocking them, washing them, loving them, and watching them grow. Can you guess which one of my babies this is?
And the last point for this post, I love to praise and worship! No greater joy can come from letting loose and singing praises for all to hear, at church, at home, in the car, in the store, loudly, softly, in the natural or in the spirit, I love to praise! Last night I was up singing with the adult P&W team for the first time in almost two years and it was awesome. Although I've done a lot working with the children on choir music and with the youth P&W team these past couple years it was wonderful to return again to where I started with FCFC, on the platform under the annointing of some amazing P&W leaders. With His grace I hope to be part of it again more regularly in the future. Find the Love - Feel the Joy!
February 2010

No comments: