Friday, September 18, 2009

Ecstatic!


It's official, Alexandra has been accepted to Grand Valley State University. I got the letter when I returned home from helping at the Pastors Luncheon yesterday and promptly called her on her cell phone since the kids had just gotten out of school and caught her before she went in for call-backs. She was so thrilled she cried tears of joy. She has also gotten a sealed copy of her transcripts and will proceed with the free admission offer for UofM Flint next week but this is definitely her first choice. Now the fun will begin trying to procure funding, but I'm confident things will come together. She'll find out today if she got the part she wanted in the murder-mystery play and after school will be the first read-thru.
--
Rob had a great week at work as well, selling three motors that were shipped in error. He figured before he just sent them back to Italy he'd try to sell them so he sent out an email and got a bite, I believe they are going to a shop in Venezuela. Next week Mr. Rob Goes to Washington for a service call, originally he wanted me to come with him and while I appreciate the offer and gesture it just isn't feasible for me to be gone while the kids are in school and have so many activities going on, maybe another time. Venezuela would be cool.
--
I have another job possibility simmering, not going to give details at the moment, but please think good thoughts, send positive energy, pray, or whatever your fancy that developments unfold as they should. If Rob and I could both be receiving a regular weekly check we'd almost be living like real people! ;-)
--
Ben had another great game yesterday and it looks like the Blue Dragons are a go to participate in the tournament October 10 & 11. Everybody, however, is ready for the weekend!


FRIDAY FILL-IN

1. My car is named Goldie, she’s not the prettiest in the lot but she still gets me where I need to go.
2. More amazing opportunities are coming up next.
3. Lately, things seem better.
4. My back deck is one of my favorite 'hiding' places.
5. What happened to excellence in customer service or just plain decency toward each other?
6. Having it all is not impossible! (just make sure you want it all)
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to no games or meets or practices, tomorrow my plans include house chores and Sunday, I want to rehearse, relax & refresh!

2 comments:

MICHELE said...

Your blog entry gave me goosebumps!

I am thrilled for Alex!
Your boys are thriving in school!
Jobs are looking promising!
Your mom had a good report!

Praise to God for the blessings he is showering your family with! He is awesome!

Mich

Lisa said...

How wonderful for Alex to get her first choice school acceptance!