Wednesday, April 17, 2013

iDk

Outside my Window:  Rain again!  April showers are in full force this year, nearly every day last week it rained, there were a couple days of sun and now wetness once again.  Booo.   Hiss.

What's on my Mind: To many things that are negative and frustrating, working hard to move past, not dwell, and find ways to stay uplifted.  How am I doing with that?  Depends on the day.

Thankful for: Baby bunnies and my doggies.  They're soft and fuzzy and love you no matter what. 


Creative Endeavors: Finished my first read and mark edit of my NaNoWriMo novel.  Now to pull it into Scrivener and really get busy.  I realized there is much detail I'd like to add.  When getting the idea out originally I just worked to get the basic concept down now that it is out, time to go through and embelish.

Latest Project: Still working on the Pig Pen, hoping to pour cement this weekend and got a lead on some used equipment.

My 3 Sons:  Track  -  Baseball  -  Soccer  ....  and away we go!  My spring trifecta is in full swing.  Fox did well in his first track meet. He got a 2:29 on his split in the 4x800 relay, not sure of his times on the Mile and 2-Mile.  Ethan's buddy on the next street is on his baseball team which is fantastic since we can help each other with the driving.  Ben and I went to the Space Camp meeting yesterday and got all the details about the travel and what to expect on the trip.  It all sounds super, I wish I could go with him.

Fox and Ben have been working at a vineyard the past few weekends pruning.  Great opportunity and for them, good money.  While they're gone Ethan is working with me around the property.  All three of the boys also spent two and half days working down at the shop with their dad during spring break doing some inventory and organzing of parts. 

The first Born: The second job idea didn't work out but she has been working fill-in manager shifts at various locations.  Fun.  Working on her first grown-up purchase on her own of some new/used tires for her vehicle.  More fun.

Employment News: Due to scheduling issues I am no longer at the greenhouse.  It's a good/bad thing.  I've been picking up substitute teaching jobs again but still looking and hopeful to find something regular.  Found out about a position that I would really love to do but the reality of it is the schedule would not work with my life right now, as it would entail lots of late nights and crazy hours so I decided not to even apply for it.  As much as I want regular work it is really important to me to be available for my boys since the time I have with them is getting shorter and before I know it they will be graduated and off on their own so I want to do as much as I can with and for them now. 

Hoping to Improve:  Ah, my life in general..... and my training schedule, got another 5K race coming up in a couple weeks!

Food for Thought: Being picky about what you eat is a sign of self-respect. Not only is it OK to be picky about what you eat, but it is also essential to the process of becoming naturally slim.  ~Ten Habits of Naturally Slim People

Last Words:

No comments: