Friday, May 25, 2012

Fantasy Island

Baseball opener I did not bring my camera.  Ethan was relieved.  This is from game 4 I believe, at bat, playing first, and pitching!!  He is very excited about it, so far, so good.  Fox has completed his last track meet, got his best 2-mile time at Regionals, with an 11:38 and that was coming in dead last.  Not sure what his best 1-mile was since he didn't always run it.  I think it was 5:08 at the last invitational.  Got his letter of acceptance for the biodiesel program at MSU with summer. Woot!


Finally having a chance to get out and gussy up the gardens, felt inspired to begin a gramma garden expansion project.  I have four areas around a tree I'm developing, this one was started but never measured out fully to match the other squares.  I have many perenniels in another area that are from the garden at the house I grew up in.  When mother sold the house I grabbed several varieties but I wish I would have procured more knowing that the guy that bought the house let it all go and eventually made the area a patio!  All the plants that are in there now are from the Grosse Pointe house, and again I wish I would have pulled more because the current owners pulled all the flowers in the backyard, made one part a deck, and put in Arbor Vitea bushes as a fence, exactly like what mother pullled out originally! Ugh.


The little guys and I rode the rails into Lansing for a family adventure with Granpa Q.  Fox "teened" me and didn't end up making the trip although I had purchased a ticket for him!  When I say "check with your teachers and find out what's going on that day," I mean it.  Due to academic commitments it was not a good day to 'skip.'


But the rest of us had a great day in the capitol.......

.....details to follow soon.

No comments: