Tuesday, September 06, 2011

2 Good 2 Be


To everything (turn, turn, turn)
There is a season (turn, turn, turn)
And a time to every purpose, under heaven.

For some reason the Pete Seeger song keeps running through my head this morning. Great tune.







So the boys all went on the bus at 6:57am, Rob left shortly before we headed down to the bus stop, and now I am enjoying the silence of the first day back to school. Aaaahhhh.

--

Below is a picture of Ben and Ethan that I took at the Open House, how can you not have a great year when a sign like that greets you everyday. Both of them have lots of kids in their class from previous years and they are excited to get into the routine. Ben however, is hounding me to quit band but I'm standing firm and making him stick with it. Hopefully things will pick up and he'll have a change of heart about it this year.
Last week I was fortunate to be invited to a luncheon at a friend's house from the Lapeer County Concert Choir. It was quite fun, everyone brought a salad to share and after we ate some of us went raspberry picking up the road from her house. Many of the ladies were retired teachers and one I knew from North Branch, she works as a parapro in the elementary. Good times.













Fox has been doing well with cross-country. I got to attend the Brown City Meet. They had enough boys for a team finally although the girls were the ones that received a team medal. Two of our boys medaled and two girls. Fox medaled and had a time of 20:54....met his goal of bringing it under 21 minutes! Hope all goes well his first day at high school.



Signed up for my grantwriting class at Mott but my first class isn't until the 21st. Things are in place to substitute teach again but there usually aren't any jobs the first couple weeks of school. So for now I'm just writing TVonDVD entries, putzing around the house and yard, and hoping we get a few more house projects done before the snow flys.




Enjoy the day!


No comments: