Tuesday, January 01, 2013

iLove Change

Happy New Year Everyone!  Another 365 days to conquer. What will they hold?  I am a huge fan of change and the turn of the calendar can be a time of great hope and challenges.  Everything that came before is already done and you can't go back but now there is a new beginning.  This year I am going to change the format of my blog slightly and use a Daybook style instead of my normal journal style, hope it is still as entertaining and informative.

Outside my Window:  A crisp winter day, slight foggy, with a good covering of snow.

What's on my Mind:  A discouraging interaction with a family member.  Breaking bad family legacy is always a challenge and what I've realized is the only person I can change is myself even if others don't see it or acknowledge it.  I can not alter the functionality of generations past but I can do my best to make ammendments in my future generations.

Thankful for:  My health.  Many people I know were dealing with illness over the holiday and reading all the prayer requests on the weekly church program makes me realize how lucky I am.

Creative Endeavors:  Rewriting some parts for the Schoolhouse Rocks Live production since I did not have anyone come forward that could do the roll of Tom the new teacher so I'm working it out as if the kids are lamenting about going back to school and wishing teachers could make learning more interesting like in the Saturday shorts.  Also planning for sets and costumes.

Latest Project:  Just walked my first 5K in Flint and was so inspired by the age and variety of runners and walkers I'm considering moving up my 5K run goal to participate in the Hot Chocolate 5K Run in February, depends how training goes.  I am currently up to running 2 miles.  Ran into some North Branch ladies at the run and was invited to join them Saturday mornings to run/walk with them.  Sweet!


My 3 Sons:  Fox participated with me in the New Year's Resolution event doing his first 8K and coming in 3rd in his age class with a time of 36:44.  Ethan is in the Schoolhouse Rock production and will be featured as Bill.  Ben is planning to try for the Space Camp trip again this year. 

The first Born: Alex has decided to continue her college hiatus and has been working many hours at the BK lounge.  She is still trying to figure out what she truely wants to pursue and helps me out with various dramatic endeavors.  I'm enjoying this new stage of our relationship.


Employment News: Unfortunately I did not even get an interview for the non-profit job I applied for which was a bummer but I have been subbing quite a bit lately.  Put a few other applications in online however don't know if they made their way through cyberspace and into the right hands. The search continues.

Hoping to Improve: My reactions to negative situations and not letting other people's choices effect me adversely.

Food for Thought:  "The state of your mind is more important to reaching a state of health than diet or exercise. It is your subconscious and conscious mind working in unison that will either support you or sabotage you on your journey."  from Ten Habits of Naturally Slim People by Jill H. Podjasek, M.S., R.N.

Last Words:  Run happy - Live happy!

Love this photo from The Cancun Marine Park
designed to encourage coral growth to keep the oceans biological flourishing,
an amazing fusion of public art and environmental conservation. 
design-dautore.com

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I like your new blog format. :-) Posting about running is encouraging me. I hope to get back to it shortly. Good luck on the job search! Will you be Rollicking with us tonight?