Wednesday, October 19, 2011

O1011011

Usually when I take the boys to soccer I bring either the dog or my bike. Last week, I don't know what came over me, I brought both. The bike trail is not paved for very long before it turns into a wooded one-track trail. I kept the dog on the leash on the black top because typically I pass very few people during that time. However on the wooded trail I've never encountered anyone so I took off the leash so Jake could run along beside me, freely. I took it down to second gear, still got a great workout, and gave Jake a fantastic workout as he kept a good 6-8 mile an hour cantor for nearly 4 miles total trip.

We've had some great warm fall days lately but they are getting colder, fast. Starting to make my last rounds around the property with the mower. At the moment it's rainning so that will have to be put on hold until things dry out again. Rob (and helpers) got a huge garage project finished, straightened it and repaired the roof. Still hoping to get a couple windows changed out before the snow falls. A deer jumped out and hit Rob's car last week, that was pretty exciting. He calls me semi-panicked, more concerned about me bringing the van and some tarps down to get the deer than the condition of his car! Unbelievable. It wasn't dead and was still moving around so he didn't mess with it. Thankfully. The car is drivable but the passenger window is toast and covered with plastic for the meanwhile.


The boys' soccer game for Saturday got rescheduled to Friday night so they were able to do another elementary open race in Reese. Usually this meet has a gorgeous sunny day for it but not so this year...it was chilly and super windy. The Dream Team ran like (with and against) the wind for another 2-mile course and everyone placed in the top 20, Dylan was 10th, Ben 12th and Ethan 13th all with times in the 16 minute range.


Permission slips are approved and copied, ready to be distributed next week. Music is ordered. Hoping for a great turnout during after school choir. I'm thinking of asking members of the community choir to help us out on a couple songs......

No comments: